Many of us may have a fear of revealing our true selves to potential romantic partners. We may have all of these beliefs in our heads about men or women, but those beliefs may have nothing to do with the man or woman in question. When we put up walls and don’t give people chances, the loves of our lives get further and further away from us. Check out the following ways to get right with yourself so that you can attract a loving person into your life.
1. Understand Why You’re Afraid Of Intimacy
According to Iyanla Vanzant, inspirational speaker, intimacy basically means “Into me see.” Some people put up a bunch of walls and have crazy criteria and standards for relationship partners because deep down they are trying to distance themselves from the other person seeing who they really are. People need to be willing to relinquish some of their fear in the name of love.
2. What You Need To Be Willing To Do For Love
- Be willing to be wrong about what makes a perfect partner.
- Be willing to reveal your secrets and tell the other person what you don’t want them to know about you.
- Be willing to be disappointed and get your heart broken.
- Be willing to do something different.
3. Why You Need To Be Okay With Yourself To Attract A Healthy Partner
We all attract the sum of who we are. “Like attracts like,” if you will. If we don’t have good self-esteem, self-worth and aren’t abundant in love, we’re not going to attract a partner with these good qualities. These are the qualities that are actually needed for a healthy relationship. And who wants to be with someone who is insecure and needy? These people are like leeches who just take from you. They may not even be with you because they like you, but because you are giving them something that they need.
Remember to consult your physician or chiropractor before taking any health advice.